Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7, 2010

Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture
I thought this was a great video. Mr. Pausch's attitude is outstanding. I don't know if I would have that great of an attitude if I had ten tumors inside me and was on the verge of dying. I thought it was awesome that he didn't stop planning for the future. He put his wife and kids first by buying a new home for them. If I'm ever in a situation like that I hope I will be able to do something similar like that.

I would have loved for Mr. Pausch as my professor. He seemed like he loved his job and was very good at it. I hope I can be a good teacher like that and be a good influence on my students like he did. He never lost sight of his dreams and found ways to achieve them before he died. I thought it was awesome how he helped his students, and the fact that they felt comfortable to come to him for help.

I found it interesting how his students finished his assignments ahead of time. and he had to call his mentor for advice because he didn't know what to do. It made me realize that it's ok to ask for advice or help. I think for his students to finish their work ahead of time says a lot about him as a teacher. I do think it was important for him to push his students to do more and work harder to make the project better. It will make them want to do a better job in everything they do not just in school.
Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture

2 comments:

  1. This was a really great post! I agree with what you said...I don't think I could display that positive attitude if I was on the verge of death. I also think you are right to point out that we all need help along the way. I think this is so important to remember! Always be willing to ask questions. That's how you learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahead of time! Wow. I missed that but I always find his talk inspirational and informative. Glad you liked it! He died about a year ago.

    ReplyDelete