Friday, February 26, 2010

Comments 4 Teachers

TLN Teacher's Voices Weeks 7,8,&9
Metaphors and Analogies
The post I commented on this blog was called Powerful Teaching with Metaphors and Analogies by Marsha Ratzel. This was an interesting post. She explains what the book Metaphors and Analogies is about. This book seems very helpful in order to help your students on how to understand metaphors and how to use them.

Expert Advice about Parent Engagement
This post is about how important it is for teachers to get to know their students' parents. He went from house to house to learn more about the parents and so they could learn more about him. He also talks about how important it is for the parents to be involved at the school and their child's school activities.

As a teacher I hope I can get to know the parents of my students. I think it will help my students in the long run. If the parents and I have a good relationship then it will be easier to communicate and work together in order to help the students.

Taking the Words Right Out of My Mouth
This post was written by Karen Van Duyn. She's a high school English and Drama teacher. Mrs. Van Duyn talks about how hard it is as an older teacher to keep finding new technology to use in the classroom. I think she found a very useful tool to use in the classroom. The new technology is a new software called Dragon Naturally Speaking. It's a software to help replace the computer. It records everything you say and writes it down for you. She says it's really easy to setup and to learn how to use the software.

I think as a teacher it's very important to keep wanting to find new things to help make your classroom more interesting for your students to learn, and it will help make you a better teacher. Although, I think there is some technology out there that may not necessarily be the right fit for you. I think you have to decide what's easier for you to learn and use in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment