Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010

This is a picture of Alvin the Chipmunk that Payton made. Payton is in Ms. Cassidy's class.

Media Literacy
I thought this video was amazing. These kids have learned so much at an early age. When I was that age I didn't know the difference between fictional and non-fictional books. These children are way smarter than I was at this age. I could barely turn a computer on much less know how to write on a blog at that age. It's incredible what kids today are learning at an early age. I can't imagine what my children will be learning and be doing at that age in school.
I Phone
This video was crazy! I can't believe a child that age could use something like the I Phone. You cant tell that he is going to be a very smart person as he gets older. I can't imagine what he will be able to do as he gets older. This video shows you how learning this type of technology at such an early age will help him as he progresses through school and life.

Podcasts
I thought most of these podcasts were very useful, but some could have been done differently. I thought that that most of the speakers were very enthusiastic about what they were talking about and were very knowledgeable as well. I liked how in some of them they used things like the use of "Batman" in one of the videos to help you relate to what their talking about.

KidsCast explained the advantages and disadvantages of video and audio podcasts. He explained how and why you would use each of these types of podcasts. I like how he didn't try to talk over your head. He explained things so anyone would be able to understand it.

The MacBreak Weekly wasn't that great. They really didn't explain what exactly the I Pad was and what was it used for. They were more concerned about the name than telling people what it's used for. If you don't know much about the IPod or ITouch then you would be lost and not know what their talking about.

This Week in Photography was different than the other podcasts. They were talking about Racism in Cameras. They didn't seem to take the topic very serious. I don't think they were trying to act that way but I think they could have went about it differently. I think most people would find this very offensive, but I could be looking at it wrong. I know their trying to explain how certain cameras work, but they could be more respectful.

When I make my Podcast I hope to combine what I've learned from these podcasts. Hopefully it will be done well where everyone that plays it will think it's interesting and enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you on your post about Media Literacy. These kids are amazing! It was very thoughtful of you to add in the picture that Payton drew. Very good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Matthew's comment of Payton's picture! Nice.

    So you will get you chance soon to do your podcast well. Plan, Prepare, Practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very right about the I phone baby! That child is going to be very smart when grows up. Made me wonder how we can get "devices" to more children when they are that age, so they can be ahead of the game.

    ReplyDelete